The Italian tiramisu is a traditional Italian dessert, literally meaning “pick me up” for its infusion of espresso into the creamy dish. This scrumptious retake recipe uses Chupon Mocha as the secret baking ingredient to turn the spoon-fed desert into chewy, moist brownies that you won’t be able to put down. Here’s the recipe, straight from the Chupon kitchen!
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- Yield: 36 Servings
- 12 ounces Chupon Mocha chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 3 pieces lady fingers crumbled to coarse powder
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate. Stir until smooth; cool slightly. Beat in butter. Gradually beat in 1-1/3 cups sugar. Add six eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour to chocolate mixture. Beat on low speed just until combined; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cheese, vanilla, remaining sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Pour half of the chocolate batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with filling. Top with remaining batter, spreading evenly to completely cover filling.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Dust the sides with crumbled lady fingers. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 3 dozen.
Photo credit: Terriko